Thursday, June 10, 2010

Salmon ovaries and green tea icecream

I went to the famed sushi buffet, Minado, yesterday and it was a glorious experience. $28 and change for cold and hot entrees, salads and all you can eat sushi. This basically allowed me to stuff myself AND try types of sushi that I wouldn't normally try if I were left to ordering a roll or two in a restaurant. My most dicey choice was this one


So shiny and bubbly wubbly. Unfortunately the little guy tipped over and I had to put some of his ripe internal ovaries (thank you wikipedia for defining salmon roe more clearly for me. I'm now having nightmares and flashbacks.) back in their seaweed wrapping.

Anyway, I already knew I'd not like this because of the idea and the popping sensations but I went for it. Confirmed--did not enjoy the popping sensation or the idea of the popping sensation. The taste was fine, blandish, saltyish, BUT there was a point at which (I don't know if it was the point that they all released their little ovary juice in my mouth) but it tasted indescribably terrible and I thought I'd puke. But that passed and whatever it was fine.

All the other sushi and food I had was great but of course I only took a picture of the monstrous one.

And this is my green tea icecream that I refused to eat with a spoon because I prefer cones. So..I made do and just looked awkward and embarrassing.


Relatedly, this is the icecream novelty that we presently have in our house


I've only had a Iron Man (obvious choice) one so far


What is a rabbit's favorite kind of music? Hip Hop.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment