Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flower through


The weather has been pretty bogus for the last two days, alternating between sunny, pouring, and pouring while sunny. So, a lot of this


Sunday was the only actual day of notably severe weather when the sky turned black within seconds and sheets of water were hitting and pouring down the windows and lighting was striking me in the face. I never know how to actually feel about lighting because part of me is invincible and I'm all, "Whatevs I've never died showering during lighting before, it probably won't happen this time". The other part of me is absolutely certain that lighting can sneak up on me from anywhere including electrical wires, the toilet, my cat; and I get very paranoid.
I think there was a bunch of downed trees and some electrical lines but the only consequence for me was this


And 3 rainbow sightings in the last 3 days. So, I'm not complaining.

In other climate news...
I have been planning on painting a picture of an azalea and before doing so I looked on the internets for pictures but they were pretty crappy and didn't give me the detail that I wanted. Observe:

How many petals does that have? What are the shape of the leaves? Where the stamons at? Right?! So, I went in search of buying my own but all of the garden stores I went to said that they didn't have them because they had already "flowered through" (what do I look like, a doctor?). But then husband found one at home depot (of course) and bought it for me and it was all flowery and good like the one above, except less blurry....

So I painted my background...

...waited for it to dry....

Went outside to fetch my flouw-flouw...


...Fail. It had "flowered through"? For one thing, it got pummeled by rain but also I think they are legit past season. So...I'll be painting a blurry azalea. The end.

1 comment:

  1. amy was all like "close the windows cause we'll die" and then i went to close the window and she was all like "be careful by the window cause you'll die" and I said "IM A MAN" and i went to close the window in my bedroom and the second I touched it (the window) lightning struck somewhere in my neighborhood and i screamed

    scary stuff

    ReplyDelete