Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Homemakings

I've cooked and baked multiple times in the last few days for a variety of reasons that don't matter. What matters is how much I love making these particular things and how fancy I feel.

For dinner two nights ago I made chicken, spinach, mushroom risotto. Reasons why I love making risotto are as follows: it requires several things going on at once which necessitates timing things right and having a method to your madness



I cook the chicken in the skillet beforehand and set it aside. Then I heat up a separate pot of broth because as you add broth to the rissotto it needs to be warm not cold or else you'll freak out the rice.

The other reason I like rissotto is because it tastes rich and decadent but it is a decently healthy meal when you add protein and vegetables. And third, having risotto for dinner in general sounds fancy.



Tonight I did a baking extravaganza that included Fresh Strawberry Bars and chocolate dipped strawberries. Better Homes and Gardens magazine likes to call them fresh strawberry bars but I'd more likely use the name "peanut butter and jelly explosion in your face" bars. The base is essentially sugar, butter and peanut butter.




The top will be strawberry jam + fresh strawberries. Oooh look fruit, so virtuous! Anyway, when I've made them in the past, people have had brain aneurysms because they're so good, so I decided to make them one more time for another get together.

And finally, chocolate covered strawberries which I've never made before but ended upbeing pretty easy with my makeshift double boiler and dainty strawberry dipping fingers.




Favorite part, obvs


the licking process.

No comments:

Post a Comment