Monday, June 7, 2010

Human Centepede

On Saturday I saw Metropolis which is a German sci-fi from 1927 directed by Fritz Lang. Apparently, it hasn't been viewed in its entirety since then because shortly after its 154 minute original version was debuted in Berlin, an hour was edited out to allow stewpid Amurricans to tolerate it.

While some of the footage remains lost, most of it has been recovered from various museums and through editing and extra inserted frames that describe the missing action, an 149 minute version was being shown at the Coolidge Corner theater.



First of all, it was a silent movie meaning no speaking, but there was an action-packed sound track. Also, like I said, it was 2 hours and 29 minutes which is hard for me because I don't do anything for more than like 25 minutes without getting antsy. Even after all those hits against it, it was good movie and also extremely impressive given that it was made in the 20's and still had some decent sets, actions and sciency fictiony stuff. Also, the task of resurrecting lost, destroyed, and shat on film stock must have been pretty hard.

In addition to movie-viewing I bought some candy. The most important type of the candy I bought was
licorice bears



These are great because only me and 70 year old men like black licorice meaning I didn't have to share my candy with any of the 20something men that I was with.

2 comments:

  1. More importantly, when are we going to see Human Centipede?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget Human Centipede. I want to see Licorice Bear Centipede.

    ReplyDelete