Saturday, June 19, 2010

M is for Murder

I took an evening nature walk by myself. Being alone left me vulnerable to punks and murderers so I was sure to arm myself with my Epi-pen prior to setting forth.

M is also for Middlesex Path, which was a short, simple little diddy but ended up having some character. First of all, there were multiple points at which I was confronted with a fork in a road which is normally an oppurtunity to choose between two legit options. In this case, the path was so straight forward that when there was a fork is basically meant it is going to lead somewhere awkward. So, I scoped out the awkward options.



Ah-ha....Train tracks. Not super awkward or exciting.

Second fork


This path lead up a hill and ended in a make-shift mogul...bike...park. Which can only mean one thing: Beware of punkz.


I was sure to pull out my epi-pen at this point just in case some Xtreme children came rushing by. There were actually two bikers but they seemed to be pulled over and talking quietly and respectfully amongst themselves. Good thing, or else they would've got an epi-pen to the heart.




So at this point, I was rating this path a 2.5 of 5 stars, because besides the prospect of punkz and perhaps railroad hobos, it wasn't super thrilling.

However, when I returned to the head of the path, there is an option to cross the street and walk next to Lake Cochituate, so I did that and that is where the happy ending comes in


Benches, water and trees--Things that are like crack to me. I had a lovely sit and the rating of this path skyrocketed to a 3.7...(I can't bring myself to give it a 4).



I tried to steal the bench but it was chained down.

No comments:

Post a Comment