Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A boy, a girl and a cake: A love story

I have made a handful of quality decisions in my life. One of these good decisions was marrying my husband one year ago. The other good decision--which was really a joint decision--was the design of our wedding cake

Cake made by Mary Bandereck. Photo taken by Hitched Studios.


Clearly, we don't know what a wedding is supposed to look like. The other thing that we hadn't known until instructed to do so was the tradition of saving the top tier of your wedding cake in order to eat it on your one year anniversary.






For one year I have begrudgingly waited and silently prayed that our cake wasn't being battered in our freezer by cartons of icecream and frozen hamburgers or that our freezer wasn't going to randomly die for some amount of time, prematurely defrosting and ruining our cake. If for no other reason, I definitely agree that the first year of marriage is the most trying.

Finally last night, we broke open the bottle of wine given to us from the venue, left the cake to defrost for three days prior and reminisced about the good old days.





The wine tasted strange but I was cool with that.




The cake looked and tasted like perfection.




And our marriage looks and tastes like perfection as well.





Oh and rather than give the traditional "paper" gift on our first year anniversary, I went with a kidrobot instead





For the record, Adam "gave me" a scavenger hunt, a dress, and a night on the town a week ago so a monster was the least I could do.

3 comments:

  1. Did you save me a piece? I didn't get any last year!

    Forever yours... In blood
    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Bandereck is the best pastry chef in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....that is the best story ever! Congratulations and I loved working with you both! Your cake picture is hanging up at our new location- come visit us @ The
    Topsfield Bakeshop, 44 Main Street Topsfield (of course!)

    Best-
    Mary B

    ReplyDelete