Saturday, July 3, 2010

Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose

There was this ghetto vintage vanity set sitting on the street by our neighbor's driveway last week and I like free things so I thought about maybe taking a look at it. By the time I did, the little stand with the mirror on it was gone, but the nasty stool was left. So...I grabbed it.

My initial thought was that I could put plants on it inside by a window or something. But, the stool was in rough shape--the seat's fabric was discolered and old looking and the whole thing was wobbly. Husband helped me brainstorm and we decided to remove the fabric and just tighten all the screws, and we were left with an OK stool




The wood was a little gross looking, but it was easier to use what was already there than find a new piece of wood or something else and cut it down to that size. So, we decided to buy paint (!!!-this was exciting for me) and make it look pretty.




Oooh, ahhhh. And then we bought some beautiful flouw-flouws



Also notice our cat gazeebo and tiki torches on our porch...................

No comments:

Post a Comment