Saturday, July 24, 2010

Paint-your-own-calico

Recently my friend and I went to the clay room for painting our own pottery. I chose the cat-bank (duh.) and she chose the delicate pretty vase. The clay pieces themselves range in price, mine was $11. The painting process costs only $8 and you may literally sit there for hours (we did). Plus you get help from Doug, the owner, who reccomends color schemes, certain brushes, and the order of which to put certain colors on. Oh and he fixes any devastating mistakes you make like a runny pupil on my cat, for example.


Obvs, I documented my progress.



My color palet. Clearly I'm making my cat a calico.


How it starts








No more than 24 hours later, Jamie got to pick them up as they were all kilned-up and ready to go. We were nervous because the colors and junk look different after they are fired so it's hard to know if you've made weird splotch marks or poor color choices until the final product. Suspensful!




Of note, mine turned out perfectly. Thank you.
And in another anachronistic move, I will be saving for my European vacation by dropping change in my paint-your-own cat bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment