Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bang(s) goes the fourth

One of my--and the other 3-16 year olds that attend my family's fourth of July celebration--favorite parts of the holiday are playing with the little poppy things. I don't have a good photo of the actual thingy but it's essentially a pea size white paper casing over some mini explosive stuff. These are used to make mildly loud popping noises and to have wars against each other by throwing them at others' feet.






Ah yes, that's the name I was looking for, "Party Snaps: throwdown!".






Also,  if you use them as instructed, they produce bang or bangs, depending (depending on what exactly? depending on if I'm lame and use a single poppy verus multiple?)

Look at how much fun the children are I am having!!!!!!





My next favorite thing about the fourth of July is the parade that goes past my house at 9am. It starts off with police cars followed by every fire engine from every town within 20 miles, all honking their hornes and using their sirens. Hilarious. There are also flat bed trucks with bands; local politicians handing out their brochures and shaking my hand; small children from various organizations throwing dum-dum lollipops at us; unicyclists....Oh, and land sharks.



No comments:

Post a Comment