Thursday, September 16, 2010

T'is the season for fests

Last weekend my friend and I made a game plan to hit up some sort of local fest. I live in the 'burbs so my fest options couldn't stand up to her urban fest options. Nevertheless, before heading over to her 'hood, I went to the one-day gathering in my town, confusingly called, "Natick Days". Unless day two is by invitation only, I'm pretty sure "Days" is inaccurate.

Mostly our townie fest consisted of booths run by local business and local school clubs either recruiting, giving prizes, information and freebies. Also, children, hotdogs and icecream abound.



I made some pretty idiosyncratic choices when it came to what booths to actually approach


Natick Animal Clinic. Duh.


Natick Recycles. Duh.




...but I was sure to steer clear from any booths manned by individuals who approached me first. No I would not like an interpretation, reading or cleansing of any sort, thank you so much.

Before I get to my final winnings, it is of importance to note the glorious, if not excessive, amount of bouncy-bounces that were present



 
 


Five!!!

When I got home I displayed my winnings


FrontLine pen, I love my cat sticker, recycle sticker, paw magnet, Recycle water bottle, Emergency pet kit


Okay, on to bigger and better? You'll have to judge for yourself.

Greek Orthodox Fest!!!!!!





First, I entered two raffles, knowing beyond a doubt that I would definitely win. The first one was for some lovely pottery




The second one was for a $2000 travel voucher. That's what I'm talkin' about.




That is my rival entering the raffle herself. (None of us won).

Second, I had all of my favorite food


 
Chicken souvlaki, roasted potatoes and Greek salad.



WTF is Kata i fi you ask? The first time I had it was not in Greece, but in an Armenian restaurant so I was THRILLED that it was here. According to wisegreek.com,

Kataifi is a popular Middle Eastern pastry made with a special form of shredded phyllo dough which is also called kataifi. Most forms of kataifi are sweets, typically with nuts and honey which make them flavorful, crunchy, and very sweet.

It has the greatest texture, meaning the shredded wheat texture on the outside and then the nuts and goo on the inside. AND it is sickeningly sweet, which is absolutely ideal in my book. 

Though I did not partake, what Greek Fest would be complete with out an ouzo table?


No comments:

Post a Comment