Thursday, September 30, 2010

Papes and the City

Last weekend we went to New York City and had an action packed weekend including a Pavement concert at Central Park's Summer Stage, a trip to Prospect Park Zoo, the Brooklyn MTA transit museum, a big night out with a million of our friends, and to top it off-a Yankees vs. Red Sox game that the SOX WON.

Here are some of the take-home messages and highlights of the trip for me



My brother-in-law's turtle eating pastrami!!!!!



I don't know what it is about the word, "Pape", but I find it jarring and offensive.





 
My fortune cookie had no fortune!!! And my friend's fortune cookie had two fortunes!!!



The Propsect Park Zoo was very "experiential" oriented, meaning I got to act like a TURTLE EATING PASTRAMI.



Okay, now that the highlights are out of the way I can document some of the second-tier excitement that took place. Be warned, the rest of the trip involved a lot less exclamation points


So, not to discredit the concert--which was very good and a lot of fun....But, despite the pretty scenery and the rockin' music, I mostly was looking at this the whole time

This is why I prefer far away seats in a stadium more than standing room close to the stage. Sorry.

Now, Prospect Park was not the biggest zoo I've ever been to but they had a lot of really fun animals and I found that they were a lot more active and exciting than they have been at other zoos. Also, as I said, there was this whole "experiential" thing going on in which I got to lie inside turtle shells, pretend to hatch from an egg, etc.

The following is the most magical thing I've ever seen


This is like some BBC Planet Earth shit right here. A Baboon holding onto it's babies tail and pull it back. A baby baboon on the back of it's mother baboon, trotting through the landscape. Furthermore,



 
 
Four horns indeed!!!


Hey, Hey Jacob's  sheep, watchu do with all them horns?? Say hullo to your motha' for me!


And now, for a segment that I like to call: Things that remind me of my cat.

Otter

 Meerkat

 

My cat
Unamused owls
 

My cat

No comments:

Post a Comment